There are various crimes that are charged under the category of sexual battery. All of them are considered serious and complex because they contain sexual and violent components. This reflects that being charged of such sexual crimes can have long-term effects on your life, even if you have not committed the crime. In this perspective, an individual is accused of aggravated sexual battery in Richmond Virginia charged under the Virginia code of 18.2-67.4. In this regard, the offender is accountable for aggravated sexual battery in Richmond Virginia if he\she intent to abuse victim sexually. In this regard, the offender of aggravated sexual battery in Richmond Virginia can be charged for the following category of sexual abuse cases:
- The victim is sexually abused at the age of 13 years.
- The offender took advantage of a victim’s physical and mental disability.
- The defendant is a stepparent or parent of the victim.
- The offender’s stance is against the consent of the victim through the use of threat or force.
The usage of the threat without touching the victim or employment of intimidation may bring the accused to face simple sexual battery charges. Although, if any of the following categories are true, he or she can be considered guilty of aggravated sexual battery in Richmond Virginia, even without touching the victim:
- The victim is around the age of 13 and 15
- The offender is the cause of serious physical and mental injury of the victim
- The offender is accused of using a weapon to threaten the victim.
In case of guilty plea or verdict of felony aggravated sexual battery Richmond is charged for 1 to 20 years of imprisonment and a fine of $100.000. The person charged of aggravated sexual battery in Richmond Virginia receives long-lasting adverse impact on his\her life. Beside fine, imprisonment time, and supervised probation after any prison sentence, the person compulsorily registered as a sex defendant. It shows that once the person is set free his/her name will become part of the national registry that restricts one where he/she may live and work, and whether he\she may get the custody of his\her children. It may restrict the person in terms of where he\she may go in public. This ruins one’s reputation in the social circle and branded him\her as a sex defendant.
In some of the cases, if accused of aggravated sexual battery in Richmond Virginia, the guilty party go through the period of incarceration. It means that there is no opportunity of suspension of sentence or shortened the duration of sentence. This condition applies for those candidates who possess previous convictions in terms of aggravated sexual battery in Richmond Virginia or guilty for any other felony sexual crimes on the following list:
- Sexual intercourse with a child between 13 to 15 years old, when the child is sexually exploited by the offender.
- Commit adultery and sexual intercourse with his/her own kid.
- Rape of the victim.
- Commit crimes against the nature.
- Sexual penetration
- Abduction of the victim with an intent to abuse sexually.
- Involvement in the conspiracy of offense mention above.
For this, it is essential to take help of an attorney who can help you to regain your lost reputation.